These buffalo chicken meatballs are much leaner and healthier than wings but full of the same delicious flavor AND easy to make!
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet or dish with olive oil or cooking spray.
2. Place 1/2 cup butter or butter alternative and 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce in a pan on low heat.
3. Heat while whisking until butter is melted and hot sauce is well incorporated. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl; let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Set a small amount aside to toss over cooked meatballs.
4. In a large bowl, add 2 pounds of ground chicken, cooled hot sauce mix, 2 eggs, 1 2/3 cups whole wheat bread crumbs, 2 ribs minced celery, 1 bunch of finely sliced green onion, and 2 teaspoons salt.
5. Mix until well combined.
6. Roll chicken mixture into firm, 1 inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
7. Arrange meatballs so they are in rows touching on all sides. Transfer to oven and bake until cooked through (about 25 minutes). Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
8. Take out of oven and let stand for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet.
9. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with hot sauce. Serve with carrots and celery.